Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stock up in Guns and Canned Food not Gold Roubini advice | Nouriel Roubin

As sad as I am to admit it, I suspect that this is solid advice. While on the surface there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel relative to our economic condition, I am not certain that things are getting better at a rate sufficient to prevent something as succinct as economic Armageddon.

Recent readings indicate that the value of the Euro, relative to that of the U.S. Dollar, is declining. China and U.S. relations are strained. We are continuing our battle with an ever elusive terrorist mechanism. Natural disasters mark the headlines on our media outlets. Simply put, we are existing in a festering cesspool of insanity that does not appear to be getting any better. While I am not a proponent of end-of-the-world theories, I cannot give a good reason to the believers of such that this is not the direction in which society currently travels.

Hopefully this is not the case, however, for the time being I prefer to keep a low profile.
And with that, I am off to see the wizard...

No comments:

Post a Comment