Saturday, February 14, 2009

Update II: BloGTK v1.1

Now that I have had a chance to use BloGTK v1.1 quite a bit more, I have formed some definite opinions. This software has the potential to be very good. However, it is felt that this is definitely an unfinished work.

With this said, the following is a list of items that I am either not sure what to do with, or those items that do not appear to be active:

From Figure 1 - "Edit Post" Tab:-

I have tried everything I can think of, but the "Title" field does not appear to be active. For me, the work-around is simply to edit this once the file has been uploaded to the website where the post will be made.

There is a drop down list box with a green arrow to its right. I think this is for applying a "custom tag". However, I have not yet determined how to add a custom tag. Within the menu, under "Edit", there is an entry for editing custom tags. My problem with this is that if I add a custom tag, the next time I run BloGTK, the application will not start because of errors that originate in the custom tag configuration file.

This is another drop down list box labeled "Category" that is not self-explanatory. There is nothing listed here. Subsequently, I am not entirely sure what the function of this drop down list box is.

Figure 1
Figure 1

From Figure 2 - "Advanced Tab:-

The "Extended Entry", "Excerpt", "Keywords", and "TrackBack URLs" do not appear active. I guess I am curious to know whether they can be made active, or if they are simply unfinished programming items. I suspect that the latter is the case.

The checkbox items; "Convert Breaks", "Allow Comments", and "Allow Pings" are also disabled.

Figure 2
Figure 2

Perhaps, if during the setup of the Weblog server were designated as something other than the Blogger type, some of the aforementioned items would be functional. This is something that has not been verified.

And with that, I am off to see the wizard...

No comments:

Post a Comment